Activate YouTube using Youtube.com/activate (Full Guide)
YouTube is not a simple website that you used to visit. The platform for most types of video content has now become central. Once YouTube is enabled on your device, access to any form of content you want is very easy. There are of course situations where YouTube in your country isn’t available, but solutions are also available. However today, we’re going to talk about activating YouTube.
You cannot view YouTube on your PC or devices like Roku in the same way. It’s just a Youtube.com away for PC users. On the other hand, there is an activation step when it comes to devices like Roku, Xbox or Apple TV. In this article, we’re going to tell you how you can activate YouTube using youtube.com/activate. We have incremental tutorials for the popular devices so that you don’t have difficulty.
How to Activate YouTube on Smart TV
Smart TVs are now coming with inbuilt YouTube apps. You can download and install apps, even if not built in. You need to activate YouTube on smart TVs using youtube.com/activate. It’s much easier than you think it is. All you need to do is follow the steps below to start accessing YouTube through your smart TV.
- You need to open the YouTube app on your Smart TV. You can find the app on the main screen of most models.
- After the app is launched, check and find the Gear icon. It should be placed in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Gear button and from the upcoming menu, choose Sign In.
- Now, on screen you can see an 8-digit code. You should keep the screen open and write down the code.
- You can start/activate Youtube.com on your computer or mobile devices now that you have the code with you. Do not confuse Youtube.com/activate with Youtube.com\activate.
- Your Google Account information will be asked. Enter and continue.
- Now the 8-digit code you saw in the Smart TV YouTube app must be entered in the upcoming window.
- Click Allow Access on the next screen.
With these steps, your Google Account will be linked to the smart TV YouTube app. It means that you have activated the app successfully and are prepared for the best view. The only requirement is to connect your smart TV to the Internet.
Guide for older TV models
You’ve just found the solution if you wonder how to watch Youtube on an old TV. TV models that were manufactured earlier than 2013 are likely to use the old Youtube flash app. Here’s how to link and watch videos to Youtube on TVs like this:
- On your TV, open the Youtube app.
- On the left hand side, choose the option Sign in.
- Your TV can now show an 8-digit code.
- Take a laptop, tablet, or computer and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in and enter the code on your TV screen, if necessary.
- Click next, select your Youtube account, and then click Allow.
Steps to YouTube.com/activate on Roku
To activate YouTube on Roku you need to make sure that first;
- Your Roku is activated and connected.
- Your Roku is connected to a Wi-Fi and has access to the internet.
- You’ve got your remote on hand to control Roku.
Follow the following steps to enable YouTube on Roku once the above criteria are met.
- From your home screen, go to the Channel Store.
- Add a YouTube channel to it. You will find it in the ‘Top Free‘ section.
- When the channel has been added, go to it by selecting it from your home screen.
- Go to the settings of the app or select it if you see an option to sign in.
- A code will be provided with the sign-in option. Please note this down. If you’re going through the settings of the app, select the TV code link option.
- Visit this link and sign in with your (Google) account on YouTube.
- Enter the TV code that you noted in step 5, and activate the YouTube app.
Activating YouTube on PlayStation 4
Activating YouTube on your PlayStation 4 requires a code to activate it. The code is provided by the YouTube app on the PS4, so make sure;
- The PlayStation is Internet connected and the controller is available for you to navigate.
- You’ve got the YouTube app installed.
To activate the app;
- On your PS4, open the YouTube app.
- Select the option ‘Sign in.’
- On the sign-in page, you will be shown a code.
- Write down the code, but do not exit the screen.
- Visit this link and login to your Google/YouTube account.
- Enter the code from the PS4 YouTube sign in screen.
- YouTube will be activated.
Activate YouTube.com/activate on Xbox One
Like PlayStation 4, Xbox One (and all other Xbox versions), has a dedicated YouTube app that you can download. Follow the steps below to activate it;
- Open your Xbox YouTube app.
- Click the ‘Sign in‘ option on the left.
- You’re going to see a code. Kindly note it down.
- Visit this link and log in to YouTube with the Google account that you use to sign in.
- On this link, enter the code, and on the Xbox, YouTube will be activated. If you are asked to grant certain permissions to the app, go ahead and do so.
Activate YouTube on Kodi
You’ll have to make a little extra effort to activate YouTube on Kodi. Our guide, however, explains how to enter the YouTube code and view videos on your device. Here is what you are going to need to do:
- Go to Settings, then choose Add-ons.
- From Repository/Get Add-ons, click Install.
- Choose an add-on repository for Kodi.
- Choose a video add-on.
- Here, find and choose YouTube, then install.
- Go to Videos > Add-ons as soon as it is installed.
- Open YouTube.
- Choose the sign-in option. This will give you the authorization code on your screen.
- Go to the link shown (ending at youtube.com/activate) using another device, such as a tablet, phone or laptop, and sign in to your Google account (if required). Enter the code that your screen shows.
- Click next, choose to proceed with the YT account, and then choose Allow. You’re done!
Activate YouTube on Apple TV
Apple TV provides users with quite a few choices to sign into their account, but here we will go with the version of the code.
- From the app store, install the YouTube app on your Apple TV.
- On your TV, open the app.
- Choose the option to sign in.
- You’ll see three different ways to sign up. Select the option to log in to your web browser.
- On the screen you’ll see a code. Write it down.
- Visit this link, enter the code.
- On Apple TV, YouTube will be activated.
Activate YouTube on Samsung TV
To activate YouTube on your Samsung TV through youtube.com/activate, use the steps provided. Although some models do not support the YT app, the majority do so. Contact Samsung support to ask them what you can do if you can’t activate this service using the provided guide.
- Go to the Sign in & Settings section. Select the Sign In option here. This includes an authorization code that you must enter online in a specific link.
- To access www.youtube.com/activate dot youtube.com/activate slash activate, use a tablet, laptop or your smartphone.
- Log in to your Google account (if requested), then enter the code provided accordingly. to continue, click NEXT.
- To use on your TV, choose your YouTube account.
- To finish the procedure, click Allow. You’re all done!
Activate YouTube.com/activate on Fire TV or Fire stick
You can see the YouTube app on Amazon Fire TV and use Alexa to control it. However, you must activate YouTube before you start to enjoy such an experience. This is what you have to do:
- Use a Fire TV search to find it and download if you haven’t already installed the app. Make sure you download the YouTube.
- Open your YouTube App.
- On the left pane, click Sign in.
- On your screen you will see the code.
- Now, go to the URL shown on the screen (youtub.com/activate).
- Enter the displayed authorization code and login to Google Account.
- Click the Next button, choose your YouTube account, and allow to confirm.
There are some successful ways to unlock YouTube on multiple devices such as Kodi, Apple TV, Smart TVs and Roku. As far as the Smart TV method is concerned, it will also work with devices from different brands. It is possible to use the same approach with both Samsung and Sony smart TVs, as both support the YouTube app with youtube.com/activate compatibility. The best feature of this approach is that, unlike the PC edition, these apps do not have problems like a youtube black screen problem. After you activate YouTube using the above ways, you will be able to enjoy smooth watching.