What better place to look for to activate your KeyBank Card than this? In this guide, we will walk you through the complete steps to activate your card at the official web portal. If you fail to carry out the task using key.com/activate (online method), dial the customer care number. The concerned department will pick your call and provide the required assistance.
The primary subsidiary of KeyCorp, KeyBank, headquartered in Cleveland, is a regional bank that ranked 25th on the list of the largest banks in the United States. It also ranked 412th on the 2020 Fortune 500 list based on its 2019 revenue. Today, Key boasts 1,197 branches and has business offices in 39 US states.
Steps to Activate Your Key Card Online at key.com/activate
Already enrolled in online and mobile banking? Great! You are already one step ahead as far as the activation step is concerned. All you are left with is to click on the “Sign On” button on the official Key page. You must know that activating your business or personal card is easy and quick. Here’s how to carry out the Key card activation steps.
- Visit key.com/activate.
- Click on the button that says “Sign On to Activate”.
- It will direct you to another page where you will be prompted to enter a few details.
- To “Secure Sign On”, you need to enter your user ID to get started.
- Enter your user ID in the required field and check the box “Save user ID and remember this device” (if this is your personal system).
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Stick to the on-screen instructions to activate your card.
- Once activated, you will receive a confirmation email informing you that your KeyBank debit card has been activated.
This shouldn’t take long and your Key card will be ready to use. Now that your card is activated, it can be used at 1,572 ATMs in Colorado, Alaska, Delaware, Connecticut, Idaho, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Maine, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C. Oregon, Ohio, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Utah, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington.
Similar Post: Activate Merrick Bank Card Online at merrickbank.com
Things Required Before Online Activation of Your KeyBank Debit Card
You will need a few things for a hassle-free activation process.
- Make sure you have an active Internet connection.
- Your KeyBank debit card number, Date of Expiry, and Social Security Number.
- User ID and password of your KeyBank account.
- You should have enrolled in online and mobile banking.
Activate Debit Card Online at key.com/activate?
Enrolling in your KeyBank online and mobile banking is the first step to activate your card at key.com/activate. Believing that you haven’t enrolled yet, we have brought the following steps to check right away.
- Click here to go to the Key page.
- Click on the “Enroll Today” button (next to “Sign On”).
- Or, you can go to the “Enroll in Online Banking” page by clicking here.
- Make sure what kind of account do you wish to set up –
- My Personal Account
- My Business Account
- Click “My Personal Account” if you want to set up your Personal Account. It will prompt you to enter a valid Social Security Number (SSN) and then click the “Continue” button.
- To enroll in Business Account, click the “My Business Account” option. Here, it will require a few details to get started. You must provide your SSN number and Tax ID number. If your Tax ID number is the same as your Social Security Number, simply check the box “My business Tax ID Number is the same as my SSN”. Click “Next”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete enrolling in KeyBank Online Banking.
Activate Your KeyBank Card by Phone
Although the online activation process is the easiest, many people don’t find this option quite great. If you are one of those who like the idea of picking your phone and dialing the customer number, here you go. The bank has a solution for these people, too. This alternative method is pretty faster as well.
- Just call 1-866-683-6099 and follow the prompts.
- As soon as you press the number to speak to a bank executive, you can tell him/her your card number, SSN number, and other details including your Date of Birth and card expiry number (when the agent asks for these).
- Within moments, your debit card will be activated.
- You can then use it as per your convenience and requirement.
Is there any other way to activate your Key debit card? (Visit Branch)
If the above two options don’t sound feasible to you, why not visit the nearest branch. You can directly speak to the Branch Manager and get your card activated right there. Also, if you have any queries or concerns about your new card, get them clear as well.
Related Post: How to Activate Your PCH Activation Code Via www.pch.com
How to Activate Key2Benefits Card?
If you have got a Key2Benefits card, you must activate it to start using the card immediately. It is very easy to activate your Key2Benefits card. Look for the number on the back of your card, dial the number, and follow the prompts. The concerned department will have a chat with you and the card will be activated over the phone itself. Once it is activated, start using it.
It will happen like this when you call –
- You dial the number and hear a welcome message immediately.
- “To activate your card”, press 1.
- Then, enter your card number or say it.
- Create a PIN (to use at ATMs).
Here are a few things that you will need to provide while activating the Key2Benefits card –
- Keep your Key2Benefits card number.
- CVV number (this is a 3-digit number mentioned on the back of the card).
- SSN number (this is a 4-digit number)
Use the above activation tips to activate your Key card.