How to Activate GoWallet Visa Card?
If you have recently received your GoWallet Visa Card, you will first need to activate it before you can use it to make online purchases, shopping, bill payments, etc. Below, you can find three different ways to easily activate your GoWallet Visa Card.
Ways to Activate GoWallet Visa Card
METHOD 1: Calling on Phone Number
1. Most of the debit and credit cards comprise a sticker attached to the front when you get it for the first time. This sticker attached to the card usually includes the phone number that you need to activate your Card. If you find a sticker on your card, you will simply need to call the number and follow the on-call prompts to activate it.
- In order to activate your card using a phone, you might need to verify the account number and Card Verification Number (CVN) of your card by entering it into the keypad when prompted.
- A CVN is a three-digit number that is generally printed on the rear side of the card.
2. Once you have the phone number, you will need to dial it using your phone and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the card activation process.
3. In the case of some GoWallet Visa cards, you might receive a PIN assigned to it automatically. When you will activate your card, you will be given the PIN of your card.
4. In case you are not sure how to activate your card, you can consider contacting the Customer Care of GoWallet visa card for assistance. You can find the customer helpline number printed on your credit card.
METHOD 2: To Activate Your Card Online
- If you do not wish to activate your GoWallet Visa Card via phone, you can also activate it through the online method. You are most likely to find an activation link located either on the backside of your card or the sticker attached to the front.
- If you don’t find a specific activation link provided on the sticker, you can flip the card over and look for the website of the company. The website of the GoWallet Visa Card is most likely to be having a link to activate a card.
- Although it is not necessary, it is suggested to consider registering your card so that you can access your account if you ever experience issues in the future. Also, you will need to register your GoWallet Visa card with the issuing company to make online purchases.
- When you activate your GoWallet Visa Card, it will allow you to use it for purchases and payments.
- During activation, you might be prompted to provide your complete name, date of birth, address, Social Security number, etc.
- When making purchases online using your registered card, the name and address you provide are checked against the registration information of your card.
- However, make sure to stay away from shady websites and scams when you are registering your card. Also, make sure that you register your card on the official website. This is because there are numerous online scams that could be looking to steal your personal information related to your card. And, if any wrong person gets access to the details of your card, you might lose access to your funds. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to register or activate your card from genuine sources only.
Use Your Card Safely
- Make sure to sign on the back of your card to prevent it from identity theft. For this, simply flip your card and sign the strip to avoid fraudulent purchases. When using your Visa card, a merchant will be able to check your identity as the rightful owner by verifying the signature on the back.
- Make sure to record the details of your GoWallet Visa Card as you will have its information in case you ever lose the card. So, make sure to note down the account number and registered information related to the card and keep it safe somewhere. This is strongly recommended for Gift Card as if you will ever lose your card, you can still use its information to make online purchases.
NOTE: A gift card can’t be replaced.
- If you have a GoWallet Visa gift card, you will need to make sure that you use it before it gets expired. Almost every Visa card comes with an expiration date, so, if you do not activate it and don’t use it before it expires, you will not be able to have access to the balance remaining on it. The expiration date is generally located on the front of your Visa Card, however, it might also be located on the back too.
So, now as you know how you can easily activate your GoWallet Visa Card, you can follow the above-mentioned instructions for the activation process.